Saturday, August 21, 2010

Schmecorating

I am not an exceptional artist.

I leave that to the more talented members of my family.

My brother can paint. Hell, he can pretty much do anything.

My cousin, Clare Bear, can print. And decorate cakes like some kind of freaky pastry chef. Her dad's 50th birthday cake was a chocolate bass guitar.

For Grandma's 80th birthday party, she did a collection of gorgeous little cupcakes.



When Grandma's real birthday came around a few weeks later, it was left up to me to do the decorating. Mum made a fruit cake. Handed me the candles. Told me to do something with them...

... Those candles are supposed to be in the shape of an M. For Mary.

It looks only slightly better lit up:



My most recent attempt, while incredible lazy and haphazard, actually looks about a billion times better. For a couple of dudes in the staffroom at school.
  1. Buy a cake from the shop, already frosted
  2. Find a Crunchie bar to two hidden in your desk drawer for the purposes of bribery of children or emergency chocolate rations.
  3. Bash the chockie bar and sprinkle with complete abandon
  4. Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment