Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Abbott Proof Fence

*Thanks Ngaire for the title*

I have studiously avoided discussions of politics on this here platform. My lefty tendancies are oft alluded to, but this soap box is not really intended to steer votes or spruik policy. But it has been somewhat saturating my brain for the last few weeks.

Election time tends to morph me into a bit of a politics nerd. ABC doesn't really assist in this. The Chaser, Gruen, Tony "Silver Fox" Jones and Leigh Sales on Lateline, and of course Mega Ranga Kerry. I managed to lodge an 11th hour change of address. So now I am registered in West Bubblefuck - Mr Garret can't count on my preferences for his seat this year!

But what strikes me most about this year's campaign is not how eye-bleedingly dull it is. Not how the left and the right are shifting to sides of the centre that seem strange and surreal. Not how every fricking politician seems incapable of answering a question in a full and honest manner.

What strikes me is that nobody is mentioning how much Abbott looks like Bert!!!


Does nobody else see this??????? The irony being that Bert & Ernie seem to have been happily married, if not simply co-habitating for decades.
What a muppet...

No comments:

Post a Comment