Thursday, April 23, 2009

Return To West Bubblefuck

A hysterical mother, mistakenly believing me to already be in NSW as of last night, requested I zoom home to attend to my violently ill brother. So rather than a leisurely waltz up the New England, with perhaps a sojourn further down the coast, I Have Returned.

And the brother? He is fine.

But as I stumbled to Henry The Mazda in the Bronze Carpark (nothing but the best for Henry), struggling under the obscene weight of my Melbourne purchases, and then raced at crazy paces, led only by the starlight, I was feeling pretty mixed about coming back. I think it was a good idea in order to stop the tears to cease playing the multiple (three) versions of Halelujia.

The night was thick, like Guiness on either side of the road. And the stars out here are so so bright, it is almost like they guided me back. Mostly the truckies weren't arseholes, and I found an Oporto on the way that gave me just enough chilli (ie heaps) and cooked the chips perfectly (ie heaps).

Unfortunately, the mountain of work I left has not marked/planned itself. Bugger.

And now I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment